Sunday, March 21, 2010

Class vs Home






This week in class was really cool. We cooked foods from many different countries with a common ingredient cabbage. Which I don't think I have found a bad way to eat. I was able to work with the Pot Stickers (which is another food that is totally awesome and now I know how to make). They are great to make because you can do the prep work up front and cook them when you need them. They do take alot of prep work, and you have to watch when you steam them so that they do not touch each other or they will stick together and rip. You make them not rip apart but then you have a "lumpsticker" . While still edible it does lose the plating points.















I did try the other cabbage dishes and I am a big fan of stuff cabbage, I have had it all of my life my Mom made it. I don't think you can go wrong with cabbage. I wish the rest of my family felt the same way, mostly it is just my nine year old that doesn't like it. I'm hoping she will grow into it.






And then back in the real world...where I actually have to cook the weight watchers meals and make them something that even the boys will eat. Tonight we had a low point meal 4 points. The only thing that counted for points was the meat. Everyone on weight watchers was limited to 4oz of meat and unlmited amounts of green beans, onions and tomatoes. The seasoning in everything has to be simple so Hanna (my 9 yr old) will eat it. I think she's having the hardest time with the changes in our diet, she would have prefered to have had mac & cheese. We will see how it goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment