Monday, April 12, 2010

Chicken Marsala



When I started out on this assignment, I thought I knew what Marsala wine was. However after going to the first store and seeing that they only had a lighter Marsala I thought they didn't have the one that I wanted. So I went to another store, after talking to the lady there she said the same thing the lady did at the last store; Marsala wine can be red or a white-ish color wine. I thought the last bottle that bought was a dark red. At least I had the wine.




Then on to the cooking everything went well, I sauteed the mushrooms. Then my son who said he would never eat mushrooms decided that he wanted to try one. Bad mistake because it became a battle to keep him out of them until dinner. So I put him to work on making pasta. I was able to flambe the Marsala - again a bad mistake with both of my boys in the kitchen because now they want to do it. So if hear of a house on fire do to a kitchen fire you will know it was my boys, but don't worry one of them wants to be a fireman. :)
The other one wants to be a chef so it all should be good. Hopefully they won't do anything without me home.

I do think I like the veal better, the chicken wasn't bad it just wasn't as tender as the veal. My kids loved it, even my nine yr old. It probably become a regular in our kitchen.

I have to leave off my pictures for today, my computer is not recognizing my phone (I should have used the camera) I have to wait til Jess gets home to try and fix it. If she can't fix it I won't be able to get it fixed until Saturday when my husband gets home.


As you can see Jess was able to get the pictures off my phone. Now if she can just help rearrange the pictures. Good thing I'm not taking a computer class.

No comments:

Post a Comment