Monday, May 31, 2010

Paella 2nd try

Here are the pictures (in reverse order) from my attempt at paella. I think it turned out good I was not able to get the crust on the bottom because my husband thought that everything was going to be bad if he didn't put in a can of chicken broth at the end (he didn't want the crust on the bottom). Other than that it turned out really good, next time I will get some old bay for the seafood, no matter what. The biggest question that came out this is do you cook it the way you know it should be cooked or do you not make it crusty on the bottom because somebody doesn't like. I think that if it is not crusted on the bottom then it is just a rice casserole. Everyone that was over loved it, anyway.
I did the cross thing with the rice and it turn out great, thank you. Now I need to buy a smaller pan for my husband. This time turned out much better than the first time but then the first time the smoke pit wasn't level and I didn't add as many types of meat, this time it had chicken, sausage, scallops and shrimp. Good thing I tried it before I had company over. :) Have a great summer.




1 comment:

  1. Great job, it looks like thaqt fire pit was made for the paella pan. It might help to explain that the crust on the bottom of the paella ("soccarat") should have a fried rice cake consistency and not crunchy like uncooked rice. Great job. Chef

    ReplyDelete